Thursday, February 16, 2012

Never back down

Today I am feeling happy and free and my message to you today is: NEVER BACK DOWN. As humans, one minute we're well on our way and the next we realise that we've stopped along the way to take a break, sometimes too long a break, and before we know it, it's sunset, and we can't proceed with the same confidence. It's not fair that this happens coz I mean we all need a break some times even doing what we love takes loads of work and most of all, heart. Sometimes we lose out but through my hardships, even rejection, I have learnt never to lose heart no matter how many try to break my stride. You are strong when you don't get what you want at first attempt but still press on - much respect to you. All my life (and I am sure somewhere in this blog I've said this before) I have wanted to be a fashion person; known as an influential fashion person at that, but it's not so much the popularity, it's more the contentment of knowing that I have succeeded in that which I live, love, breathe and believe in. I was born for this (all vanity aside) because more and more my love for the industry grows and is unavoidable to the point where my impatience to get that much desirable fashion job(let's say at ELLE, SA or even bigger, VOGUE, wherever in the world) is on the rise.

I have recently landed an awesome tv opportunity with Ses'khona and Bantam Lounge, East London, where I had to be the brand representative for them focusing much on fashion. Speaking on tv was quite nerve wrecking but it made me realise that my abilities go beyond my wildest expectations and guess what? I wouldn't mind giving tv a shot, especially presenting. So don't forget to catch me on sabc1, 8 March 2012 at 6pm.


All my love,
Donae

GO BIG AND GO BOLD
Below represents what I am loving right now and for the season to come. As you'll notice I have displayed alot of bold pieces, colours











No comments:

Post a Comment