Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I have an overactive imagination, but no help needed, thanks

I wish that when ever I have an idea about a specific ensemble, that I could just get a vision of just where to find the items which make up my imaginary ensemble. I guess finding the perfect pieces to go together is a matter of trial and error, so I figured that the best and wiser thing to do when attending an important 'do' would be to start looking way before the time so that you are sure about every last part of your look down to your lip colour! And that's exactly what i plan to do for my cousins 21st birthday that's coming up in September. Instead of clothing shopping, I'm going back to basics - fabric shopping - the heart of any garment.

The theme is 'Spring Blossom Soiree' and I haven't a clue what to wear, even if the most obvious choice would be floral but it's a serious case of: been there, overworn the t-shirt (or dress, vest and brogues to be melodramatic). But as I sit here, I'm getting an idea >>>> Van Gogh inspired printed fabric called 'painterly'. The item I'll have made is yet to be decided upon.

Just a taste of my idea for the abovementioned fabric



Painterly inspired eye make up, wow wow wow


On the hunt for a gawdy necklace such as this one






fashionfool hearts feathers!



 My first feather neckpiece (of many more to come) I absolutely love love love




I'm lucky to have a colleague who shares my love for fashion. This is my part inspiration, part teddybear with some catchy sense of style, Onie.

The bolero and jumpsuit are both thrifted, the belt and bag are from Edgars and the model is an angel:) Heart u Onie



beautifully printed fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment