Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I LOVE, I WANT

There's a certain kind of happiness that accompanies Spring/Summer; the bright colours, lovely warm days, ice cream dates and saltwater forms part of that anticipated happiness within but I am particularly looking forward to this Spring/Summer because it will be a time that takes me to the threshold of adulthood - my 21st birthday.

I have changed in many ways but many things have remained the same simply by nature: I am still avidly day dreaming, fashion conscious, empathetic, impatient, ambitious and still throw my clothes on the floor but I have grown so much, realised so much, learnt so much and been much inspired through that growing process. Physical growth (and ageing) is inevitable, it's internal growth which concerns me. I think the most important part about growing up is that you don't grow APART FROM yourself, always ensuring that you stay true to who you really are and aspire to be.

This season is calling me to snakeskin (preferably grey - not the in your face kind), bow-ties, patched denim, denim and cool light fabric shirts as well as stripes. I must admit that my love for floral is slowly dying (it really depends on the type of style though) only because we fell inlove way before everybody else had it's way with it. I love the quilted leather shorts that Rumi Neely is wearing from Fashiontoast. I suddenly have this weird fixation with leather in these Summer days - there is no understanding a fashion mind I guess.





PATCHES



 lovely green parka dress <3




1 comment:

  1. I`m searching for the perfect parka atm...Great inspiration photos!xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete